iPod Mini help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cabrini715, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Cabrini715 macrumors member

Cabrini715

My roomate just had to reboot his computer and lost itunes. Is there anyway he can put all his songs from his ipod back into his itunes library?

2. Chimera macrumors 6502

Yep this has happened to me before and I used Senuti which is rated very highly and worked well for me. Here's a link to where you can download from: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23390 Then just follow the instructions.

Frank

3. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

I just went to versiontracker.com and searched for iPod and the top 5-7 programs look like the would do what you are proposing.

4. dotnina macrumors 6502a

He restarted his computer, and iTunes is gone? Sounds fishy to me. What exactly happened?

5. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Do remember it is illegal to take music off your iPod. ;)

6. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

He just wants to put his music from his iPod onto his friend computer. :cool:

This will work.

RIP

7. Cabrini715 thread starter macrumors member

Cabrini715

He rebooted his computer because it was running extremely slow and had some viruses in it, not just restarted it. Thanks for the advice guys i'll try running some of those programs.

8. Cabrini715 thread starter macrumors member

Cabrini715

His computer is a PC and not a Mac....that should roughly explain it all for you...lol... :D

9. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

OK. ;)

10. Cybernanga macrumors regular

Erm, no it isn't!

It's illegal to give other people a copy of "copyrighted" music that you have bought, but it's perfectly legal to take music of your ipod, and put it on another device of your own.

Not all music is copyrighted, In fact some artists encourage you to spread certain tracks of their around, it's a good way for a new artist to get exposure. Hell, the music might even be your own that you created and are trying to distribute

11. Cabrini715 thread starter macrumors member

Cabrini715

So to sum all this up...lol...putting music from ur ipod back onto your own computer is perfectly legal? I honestly don't see how there could be a law not letting you put music from your ipod back onto your computer :cool: