iPod Mini Question??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Links77, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Links77 macrumors newbie

Jan 13, 2005
    I was hoping somebody could help me with a question about the iPod Mini.
    It's been a year since it was released and I've read the rumours before Christmas about a possible upgrade with a 5Gb hardrive being used.

There was no mention of this as the Macworld Expo, my question is do you think the release of the iPod Shuffle will affect the release of an updated iPod Mini??

I don't want the shuffle, it's too small, I want to buy an iPod Mini but I don't want to get one if Apple are still planning to release a new model.

Does anyone have any info on whether the iPod Mini will be staying as a 4Gb model for the foreseeable future or is it still expected Apple will be releasing the new model soon????
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I doubt they'll release iPod updates until demand for the Shuffle has at least had time to peak.

Pulling this totally out of my butt, I'd guess iPod mini updates will arrive within a month or two and will likely be the 5GB upgrade you mentioned, nothing else.