iPod mini revisions at MWSF05?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nesbitt_a, Oct 21, 2004.

1. nesbitt_a macrumors 6502

Hey guys - anyone got any thoughts on the chance of a revised iPod mini at MWSF? I quite fancy one, and might hold off until then.

Andy.

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Could very well be. Many of the competitors use 5GB HDs now and I think 6GB HDs are out too and since it has been a while since it's introduction there is a good chance. Maybe in February but I think beginning of next year will definitely bring updates to the mini.

3. nesbitt_a thread starter macrumors 6502

Excellent

Excellent, looks like mwsf will be a fantastic show :)

4. wHo_tHe macrumors regular

Keep in mind they could be announced in advance of actual being available, and that supply could be restrained if they are. If they repeat the launch of the original, it could be mid-year before mere mortals can grab one off the shelf of their favorite electronics store.

Like it? Like yourself? ;) Buy it now. If you find yourself truly compelled by the new one, then sell the old. You can bet demand will still exist for the original models.

5. nesbitt_a thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually have a 4g 40gb iPod purely because the 4gb didn't seem to cut it for me, though I really like the build of the mini's. I'll just hold out and see what Steve has up his sleeve.

Andy.
    ps. They must be pretty big sleeves if he can fit g5 powerbooks, a tiger, updated ipods and 'one more thing' up there! Go steve.