iPod Mini Update

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iEric, Aug 14, 2005.

1. iEric macrumors 6502a

Just wondering....When do you think we'll see an iPod Mini update?

And I also wish they brought back gold...or a new ionized aluminum color -- BLACK :)

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

probably won't see an update before MWSF '06, seems to be a yearly update schedule for the minis

3. persianpunisher macrumors regular

wow, i never thought of those colors. OMG, black would look SOOOOOooo Sick!

4. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I wouldn't expect an update for a while, sorry, but look at the current iPods; they're pretty nice players.

As for colors, I don't know. I think what would be a popular color is lavendar. Lavendar is a pretty popular color with the ladies, next to pink.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Orange!! And colour screens!! And 8GB!! No, 30GB!!!

I'm so annoyed I didn't snap up a 30GB photo when i had the cash, 20GB is too small now and the 60GB one is too much money and a bit too porky for my liking. The 30GB was perfect and there are still a few places selling them, I just don't have the cash anymore.

I'm hoping Apple bring back a 40GB that's not too fat and at the 30GB's price point.

C'Mon Apple, I want to update, just give me the product (seriously, give it to me, I can't buy one for a while)

6. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

I want to see an 8gb mini. If we get one at the 6gb's price point, I will buy it.

7. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea that's what I'm really waiting for - 8 GB storage.
    4 is too little, 6 is getting to the borderline, but 8 gb would keep me busy for another year or two.

I think the screen is WAY to small to have the color display. There's no point really if it's going to be that small. But if they did have color...and an 8gb HD, i would buy one right away.

I guess I'll keep my 3rd gen for now.

*wishes for black color*
    *wishes for 8GB HD*
    *wishes for color screen*

8. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

well I hope they update before November, planing on buying my sister one for her birthday and maybe one for myself.

*fingers crossed*

9. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Orange! Yes. That would be a popular color with men and women. I would get one...

10. persianpunisher macrumors regular