ipod mini voice recording

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kateykates, Dec 29, 2004.

1. kateykates macrumors newbie

Dec 29, 2004
    Hi all -

I've just purchased a Griffin voice recorder for my ipod mini, only to discover it isn't supported - it was a spontaneous purchase so I hadn't done any research beforehand :(

I'm just wondering if there are any rumours about voice recording becoming available in later firmware updates? if not, then i will sell the device to a friend, otherwise it would be worth hanging onto.

2. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

Feb 24, 2003
    that's rough. I've been thinking about getting one of those too, but it seems they *only* work with 3rd generation iPods. I think that excludes 4th generation pods, but I'm not sure. I haven't heard any rumors about updates in firmware to make it work, and I'd think it to be unlikely. At least you have a willing buyer!
  3. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

Jan 20, 2003
    New York
    ipod mini doesn't (as far as we know) have the hardware to record audio. it should have said on the recorder's box that mini isn't supported, but oh well. :)

also, my iTalk recorder works fine for a 3G 15GB, and my new 4G 40GB, and the u2 ipod, so only the regular ipods with dock connectors can use them.