iPod Mini Waist Strap

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ramuman, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ramuman macrumors regular

Mar 7, 2005
    Hi all, I just recently got an iPod Mini to use when cycling. Problem is the two main ways of secuirng it (armband and belt clip) won't really work while cycling. I tried a belt and the belt clip and its just uncomfortable.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a waist or lower back strap so that I can secure the Mini to my back while cycling? I don't want to keep it off to the side or front because that's what you land on most often if you fall :p. Searched the forums without much luck.
  2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    If you have a dedicated cycling shirt, you could sew a pocket onto it specifically for your mini.

...and don't fall off too much! :)
  3. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

May 8, 2005
    Using this is DANGEROUS when cycling and NOT recommended. You need your ears to hear for problems i.e. overtaking traffic. I know people who have had accidents this way! You have been warned mate!
  4. ramuman thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 7, 2005
    I would never take this on an open road :). However, I do bike long bike rides (like the charity MS150) which are on closed roads and riding for 6 or 8 hours with just passing terrain on closed roads is a lot easier with music. Also, I do fairly flat hard packed trail riding for just cardio.

Of course, when I do actual mountain biking or open road cycling, I'd never use a music player.

Sewing something is a good idea (look like the radio pocket on the back of the TT suits at the Tour de France :), but I doubt I could do it without making it look fully ugly.