iPod Mini Warranty Problems (With Picture/Proof)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by elisha cuthbert, Sep 19, 2006.

1. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

ok lets start the story with a diary kind of thing
    25/03/05 Purchased iPod mini & Applecare Protection Plan
    25/03/05 Activated & Registered both ipod & acpp
    22/12/05 iPod goes to repair shop to get repaired (replaced)
    07/01/06 Recieve replacement ipod from service centre
    15/03/06 Headphones start playing funny buggers (stuffing up)
    28/03/06 iPod USB cable starts falling apart (see photo later)
    29/03/06 Call apple about headphones and cable, get informed that I purchased my ipod 09/02/05 and that there is no warranty remaining on my iPod
    01/04/06 - 13/04/06 Call apple to get warranty problems fixed up (Usef 12 times asked me to fax in my proof of purchase)
    12/06/06 Call apple again to get told to fax in my proof of purchase again and was also told that there was no proof of purchase recorded in my file
    15/09/06 Call and again get told to fax in my proof of purchase (AGAIN), I crack and go off at the little indian lady. Finally she says that she will try and sort it out for me. Says to call back tomorrow to find out whats happened.
    16/09/06 Same thing as yesterday happens except with a man this time
    19/09/06 call back to get told the same thing and go off at another indian female. Get put through to customer relations and finally seems to start getting sorted out.
    Today call again to find out the outcome of yesterdays phone call and get informed that I must now email my proof of purchase in and that that was all they were told to tell me. Cracked again and now the apple warranty department is going to email me with what is happening either today/this afternoon or tomorrow
    end diary

WHAT THE F*** DID I DO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i purchased the ipod i used it, problems arose, it was replaced, more problems, called apple numerous times to sort it out to no avail.
    What can i do to sort it out, will apple replace my ipod with one that has an origonal serial number with the appropriate amount of warranty on it?
    what can i do to sort this out????????
    please any help is greatly appreciated

2. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

eeek...I really hope things get better with this.

3. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

wow! :eek:

Btw, i dont think Apple has any customer service in India. Might be in Mexico or something?

4. elisha cuthbert thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

update on the warranty issues,
    i have prepared a picture citing 3 different sources about purchase date and production of the units
    the picture is difficult to understand but if you look carefully you can understand it
    focus more on the Purchase date according to apple and the production dates
    [​IMG]