iPod mini 'Xmas drought' expected

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 1, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors member

Come on Apple, get your act together, stop hoarding them just so you can give vastly superior shipping times to customers who buy from apple.com. I've got news for you: Not everybody can, and not everybody wants to. They'll just buy another product, instead of buying it straight from you.

3. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

This article has to fall under the category of:

[​IMG]

We are talking about Apple here after all :rolleyes:

4. macrumors 68000

Earendil

The shortage is due to the lack of hard drives, which Apple doesn't make. And of all the places in the WORLD to have a good supply of iPod mini's, it makes sense that that place be Apple.com. Please, enlighten me to a better place to have stock...

Tyler

5. macrumors 6502a

macridah

Buying an iPod mini now isn't to hard, or not hard at all. Maybe a quick buck is to buy one now, and put it on ebay 2 weeks before xmas.

6. macrumors regular

I decided to pick one up for my girlfriend today for her x-mas present. I wanted to miss the rush on them that will probably be showing up soon.

7. macrumors newbie

We have tons of ipods mini's around here, here being vancouver, canada.

Dont' see a shortage of them this christmas.

8. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I just bought a mini over the weekend for a Christmas present. I didn't want to take the chance of not being able to find one.

There are a few drawbacks to doing this, however:

The 1 year warranty starts on the day you purchase it. When I finally give my gift, the warranty will only have 10 months left.

Apple's 14-day return window will have expired by Christmas (though the guy at the Apple store said as long as it's still shrink-wrapped I should be able to return it after Christmas, if I need to).

iPods come from the factory with the battery partially charged. It's fun to be able to take it out of the box and turn it on. I imagine that the battery will have drained by Christmas day.

Just some things to keep in mind...