ipod mini ...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jlewis2k1, Feb 4, 2005.

1. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

Jan 14, 2005
    in your closet
    I think my ipod mini is beginning to hate me :-\ It keeps making this clicking noise as if I were using the wheel. I have tried to restart it but i can... it got a mind of its own now. any suggestions?
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Do a restore. Hopefully it is just a problem with the software.
  3. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    That really sucks, I'd try the restore but if that doesn't work take it back to where you bought it from, it should still be under warrenty.
  4. Logik macrumors 6502a

Apr 24, 2004
    which reminds me... what's the best way to clean that ol scroll wheel on the ipods? mine is a little funky around the outer edges.. not bad but i'd prefer to keep it kinda clean and hence the desire to clean it a bit
  5. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    A clean white eraser. :) One of those nice ones, like the Stadteliner (sp?). I used to use that on my Mini ... worked like a charm. Whatever you do, don't use a crappy eraser, and don't use a pink one. I tried both of those, and it just made a mess, smear-wise and eraser crumb-wise.
  6. ClarkeB macrumors 6502

Jan 24, 2005
    Oh god, that annoying click sound! Thank god you can turn it off on a 3G.

7. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    I'm gona try that, my wheel has gone from white to brown :(.
  8. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

Nov 12, 2004
    The clicking noise may mean the drive is going bad. My old Dell company laptop used to do that and it always pre-cursored a dying drive. Must have sent that thing in to be rebuilt 5 times over a 3 year period. Big time POS.