iPod Mini ...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mrgreen4242, Mar 31, 2004.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Is there anywhere to get one of these without a 2-4 week wait?

EDITED to add that I checked ebay and people are paying like $325-350 for a $250 device, which I am not dumb enough to do.
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I was looking for one for my wife, and I can't find any in the Boston area. Damn Apple and their inability to supply demand! :)
  3. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Heh, ya, I am looking for one for my wife (to-be) as well for a little wedding present, but looks liek she might end up with a 15gb iPod... Really wanted a lil' pink of for her, tho! Maybe I will just order her one, and print out the inscription image and give it to her... she can just wait like the rest of us!
  4. latergator116 macrumors 68000

Sep 30, 2003
    Providence, RI
    They ran out already?! I was up at the apple store cambridgeside a few weeks ago and they seemed to have an abundance of pink iPod Minis. Oh well, good luck finding one.
  5. gemio17 macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2003
    Gotta think ahead!!!! C'mon peeps, just give in to the impulse present/self- indulgence buy just a little ahead of time, so that way it'll be there before you know it!! I ordered last week for my boyfriends b-day that is in early may-just to be safe.....do you think I could get the shrink wrap back on after I open and play with the mini so he'll never know??? He's never opened one before...maybe he won't realize : ( I didn't think so....
  6. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Feb 14, 2004
    South Jersey
    I don't think you're gonna find one without any wait- but if it means anything I ordered one from the local Apple store & they told me 10-14 days... It was here in 6 days... The only thing is they called to tell me it was in but I had to pick it up that day... They wouldn't hold it any longer than till the end of that business day... No biggie, since I'm a loser & always willing to make a trip to the Apple store upon request...;-)...

On a side note, my mini didn't work when I got it... It either wouldn't take , or hold a charge depending on it's mood that day... After I reinstalled the software it completely locked up... I took it back & they replaced it with a "service stock"... I guess they keep a few on hand for these situations, so there's no wait... It now works great... I like it much better than my reg iPod...
  7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    2 weeks and waiting.

I placed an order for a green one nearly two weeks ago now. Good thing I have my very own silver one for my own use. (Green one is a gift) I would of ordered two if I knew they were so hard to find. Nothing like making a few quick bucks on eBay.