ipod mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by idude, May 5, 2004.

1. idude macrumors newbie

hey all!!

I have a slight problem, as i need to aquire an ipod mini in the next 2 weeks. I know they are backordered for like a month on the online apple store, but i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get one NOW. I live in Minnesota, and there is a retail store, do you think they would have any in stock?

thanks! :D

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I take it they don't have a telephone in that retail store?

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Ebay

Only way to get an ipod mini right now is thru ebay. Good luck and I hope you don't mind overspending.

4. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

There's no way that retail store is going to have any. They are slowly trickling in, but there's probably a wait list with at least 400 names on it. The only way you are going to be able to get one within the next couple of weeks is if you pay $300-400 on eBay.

5. filmmaker2002 macrumors regular

I'll sell you my unopened silver one for $400...he he he. Seriously though.

6. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Get a regular one if it's that urgent... The actual time is now 6 weeks- & the retail stores around me are referring people right to the on line store until further notice...

7. thirteen1031 macrumors 6502

thirteen1031

Try CompUSA website, try Amazon.com, try Smalldog and try Target (because people don't seem to know Target carries Minis and there might be some there).

I've heard tell that CompUSA just got in an order, I've heard tell that Amazon.com is shipping out Minis this month (I don't know how backordered you need to be to get them this week or next), and Smalldog has been a reliable supplier of Minis.

Good luck!

8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

This is beggining to get under my nerves. "Hi I need need a Mini and fast" Gee its not like anyone else has been waiting for a while to get their hands on one either.
    :rolleyes:

9. Dragon88 macrumors newbie

Unless you need the smaller version or your girlfriend wants "the cute pink one" or something like that, why not get a 15gb iPod? More space, only $50 more, and you can have it tomorrow.