ipod minis in Canada soon?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by khreg, May 28, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

May 28, 2004
    This one's specific to the Canucks on the board. I caught this link on Macsurfer this morning to a Globe & Mail review/article on the iPod Mini:

Thought it was curious that the Globe (national newspaper based in Toronto for those who don't know) would run a review for a product that ISN'T even available for sale yet in the Canada ... :confused:

I was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts or info on whether this might mean that they will be released here sooner (as in next week-ish) rather than later (July/Aug)??

I'm in Toronto and I did ask one of the local dealers about this a few weeks ago. They told me they were expecting them in July, but today the existence of this review piqued my interest. Smacks of the kind of 'pre-marketing' that Apple likes to do. I have a couple of friends who know i'm a total mac-nerd and keep asking me if i know when they will be able to get one of these little wonders ...

Thoughts, info, opinions?

Thanks all,

ps - i'm a long time lurker but this is my first post to the board - if this is the wrong spot to post this, please point me in the right direction ...