iPod Minis now delayed til September

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Applespider, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Have heard through work where we're awaiting stock of iPod Minis that we won't get them until September.

There was also a hint that they might bring them into the UK to launch with the new Apple Store in Regent Street

2. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I heard it was delayed till November, but then again. Apple hasn't directly said anything anyway so it can be false rumour mongering.

Besides why release the ipod mini in November for the London Apple store opening when London is only 1 country (cultural joke if you're wondering) out of many european countries. What would it benefit them?

3. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Well, the UK Apple Store is still down for updates. If they're going to stick to a July release for the iPod minis we might find out when it's back up within the next hour.

FWIW I bought my girlfriend a blue mini from the US via the 'Net. Took ages to arrive, but it was worth it in the end as she was over the moon, and has now been enjoying using it for over a month. Half of me would be happy if Apple delayed the European ship date, as it would further justify the slight premium I paid for not waiting ;-)

4. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

I was hoping we would see them today now that the UK store is down, but these reports do not sound promising. Hardmac said they were expectd by the end of the month still, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

5. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

My friend at college got one, he got blue as well. Its a lovely machine, pity I have more music than it could hold otherwise I would of bought one. However, i'm stilling waiting to see what the bigger iPods offer since the mini is going to be a music player only and the bigger ones have more features. I'm hoping for an internal dictaphone or something, nothing 3rd party.

Its not just hte UK store either, the German one is down as well + the UK store was down last night for maintenance, i cannot see them doing it twice inside 12 hours. So here's hoping!

6. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

available for orders in finnish store :) shipping 24.july

7. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Isn’t it ironic that this thread was started on the very day the Minis are released in Europe?

8. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

hehe, yes, yes it is

9. Applespider thread starter macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Shall I start a new one about new iMacs or PBG5s then? ;)

Given that Apple are still telling us (major retailer) that we can't expect any til September, I do wonder whether perhaps it's Apple Store only on 24 July?
    I've passed this news back to our buyer to harry for earlier delivery!