iPod minis now shipping in UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dobbin, Jul 20, 2004.

1. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

My mini was shipped yesterday using TNT express (Ireland?).

I haven't found anymore details yet of where it is now or when its arriving.

I ordered within 2 or 3 hours of them being available so I guess I'm quite near the top of the queue. It wasn't due to ship until 26 July though so its 6 days early!

I can't wait to see it, and I'm so glad it'll be here in time for my wife's birthday (It's her present). :D

2. OziMac macrumors 6502

Man, you are lucky... congratulations! :cool:

I ordered my Mini seconds after the Apple Store came back online with the Minis available for order. My order status is still 'Open', even though my credit card has been charged. Also, someone else in Australia received their 'personalised' (whatever that means - engraved?) Mini yesterday, having ordered it the day after orders were available...

So all this leads me to think - and I wish they would hurry up with mine already! ;)

3. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

mine is pink - don't know if that makes a difference in shipping time?

4. OziMac macrumors 6502

Hmm... possibly - mine is green :D

Hopefully your wife will be bowled over ;)

5. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

i havent seen them in any stores yet, i went all round the apple shops i knew of in London. I couldn't find a single mini :(
    I didn't know that they had started shipping yet!

6. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Mine shipped too, I started a thread last night.

Your right there are no details on the shipping though which is a bit confusing it would be nice to know when to expect a delivery so I can listen out for it. All I know at the moment is it left luxembourg on the 19th.

7. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

How do you know it left Luxembourg? I can't even find that much information. All I know is that it was shipped on the 20th using TNT Express (Ireland) Ltd, hence I assumed it was coming from Ireland. Maybe not though, thats just where Apple are.

Apple gave me an 11 digit tracking number but it doesn't seem to work on the TNT website. They want a 9 digit number, and I have tried knocking 2 off either end but still no luck.

Please let me know when yours arrives as mine is a day behind I think! Hope you like it!

8. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Mine is with TNT Nederland B.V. according to Apple, if you click on the tracking number from the Apple order status page, it lets you track it there, although I am not sure how up to date it is. Under activity the last thing mine did was depart from luxembourg 19 July, so it's had 2 days so far. I wonder where it is. :confused:

9. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

There's nothing showing under 'activity' for me yet. I guess it will come from Luxembourg though if yours did. I hope it doesn't show up today because my wife will be home before me today for a change, and she's not supposed to see it yet ;)

10. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

It doesn't look like mine is going to show up today, it's a shame the tracking is so poor compared with the other couriers I have used. I don't really know whether to wait around for delivery or not. I would have thought it would have been here within 2 days of shipping from luxembourg, but obviously not. May be tomorrow :rolleyes:

11. jothee macrumors newbie

I got a shipping notication email yesterday. it came from Shanghai with KN High Tech Logestics. KN bring it to Luxemburg or the Nederlands where TNT take over. TNT has no record of it so i assume its still in KN's hands. From past experiences i know that K&N are very slow but once TNT get it should be delivered within 24 hours.

Forget about apple's tracking system. Use www.apecode.com. Just enter your tracking number from Apple's order status page.

12. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

I just checked my order status and I have a new tracking number which TNT actually understand, it seems they only picked it up today despite it being in Luxembourg for two days. Still no idea of when to expect delivery, hopefully it will update by tomorrow morning.

I get really fed up waiting around for delivery but as I have no car to go collect I have to make sure I get it. I wish we could just book delivery times, it would be such a better service than waiting around all day.

13. jothee macrumors newbie

Just checked mine as well. TNT have it finally. Ours must be in the same shipment. I've had very good experiences with TNT in the past. So i could get it tomorrow (i'm in ireland). Check again later around 11pm, it might be updated by then.

14. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

Hi guys

Just to let you know my silver mini shipped on the 15th - which was 11 days early, but it hasn't arrived yet!

I've also ordered the new ipod 20GB on the 19th which said at the time - ship time 2 to 3 days and now it has been changed to - on or before the 2nd August!!! :mad: I was hoping to have it by the end of the week

15. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

Mine shipped as well (to belgium)

Well, mine shipped on the same dates as the ones you ordered. 15th in shanghai to luxemburg, arrived their the 19th, and just 10 mins ago, I checked the tnt order status page, and it finally got hold of the box. So I'll have it tomorrow or friday at the latest. yeah!

i'll keep you posted

16. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

I've also got the TNT tracking code now. Apple say it shipped yesterday and TNT seem to have got it in Ireland this evening. I think (hope?) it will get to me on Friday but if I'm lucky maybe it'll be tomorrow?

21 Jul 2004*
    19:45*
    Cork*
    Shipped From Originating Depot*

21 Jul 2004*
    18:27*
    Cork*
    Consignment Received At Transit Point*

17. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

It seems pretty strange how some are coming from Luxembourg and others Ireland, especially when ones going to Ireland come from Luxembourg :confused: I would have thought Apple would have one big shipping depot, but obviously not. I hope mine comes tomorrow although I'm not holding out too much hope. Glad to see a few people all getting shipping receipts though. Mine is currently in Eindhoven incase anyone cares, although not anyone dutch who might hijack the truck!

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it when it gets here, I have three on order due to a change in heart on colour :eek:

18. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

what are you going to do with 3 mini's?

Well I guess you can sell them with a little profit ;)

19. ecche macrumors regular

just as i was jealously reading your post thinking "hey, i ordered my mini the minute they became available and now they are shipping everybody else's but mine" my mail goes "ping" and there it was: ipod mini shipped!!! can't wait to give it to my wife! this is going to be a very early birthday present!

20. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

I only want one; I just had a bit of a nightmare with colour choice. I always wanted the pink, but thought I might not be able to pull it off being a guy and all. In the panic of ordering as soon as I possibly could after refreshing the Apple store over and over to be first in line, I decided to get blue, which is the one on its way from Apple. I slept on it overnight and changed my mind I really wanted pink, but now there was a huge backlog on the Apple store. So I tried some resellers and managed to get pretty high on the list of two resellers for a pink one. Thus now I have 3 on the way and am still not sure which colour I will prefer in real life, as all the pictures I've seen the colours look different. Yup I'm an idiot and have no idea how I get into these situations either :rolleyes:

If they all get here soon I should be able to make a nice profit on eBay anyway :D

21. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

ha - I think the pink ones are cool too, but I wouldn't get away with having one myself. I don't like the blue, I think I'd go for green if I was choosing for myself. I hope my wife will like this pink one though.

It arrived at Cardiff airport at 5.50 this morning, and that's not very far from Dursley.... only an hours drive.... so maybe it will arrive today....

22. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

It's here!

Well,

Picked up by tnt in luxemburg yesterday, arrived today!!!

i was still asleep though (10 am here), but I heard the door bell, and someone asked for me, so I knew it was tttttnnnnnntttt ;)

well, i'm excited, very excited <me rushes to open the package>

23. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Glad you got yours, mines out for delivery today so hopefully they won't keep me hanging around all day by delivering at 5pm, although I will probably manage to miss it anyway.

24. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

WOW!

TNT don't hang around once they've got it do they? Cork last night, arrived Cardiff Airport 5.50, arrived in Yate (north of Bristol) 8.07 and out for delivery by 8.29.

Its going to come to me today and I'm not at home to receive it! Arrghhh! And I will be travelling home from work with my wife today so if there's a delivery note then I'll have to quickly get in and hide it.

Enjoy your minis everyone - they're finally here!!!! :D :D :D

25. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

Where are you guys getting your tracking numbers from for the TNT page?

My mini shipped on the 15th but all the numbers i have won't work on the TNT page.

Ive searched on apecode.com as suggested earlier in this thread and the last thing it says on there is that "truck arrived at final destination on the 20th" but it isnt't here :confused:

Scot