iPod Mounting (Win) and Other Computer (Mac)

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Wardofsky, May 13, 2003.

1. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

There are two questions in this post to save time and postage and handling.

I am trying to use EphPod to sync my Mac iPod with my PC.

I have a proper firewire (4pin) port on my PC and a firewire (6-4pin) which I use for importing DV.

My problem is that the iPod is not mounting (Even with MacOpener which should enable this), the iPod knows it is connected because it resets and tells me that it is okay to disconnect.

I search around the Windows environment and find a heavily encrypted message saying that there is a "1394/USB Storage Device" connected but is not working.

Can someone please suggest something.

----------------------------

Now, I enable the iPod as a HD so I can move my stuff around computers BUT, and I mean BUT, every time a plug it into another computer all my music is deleted in the pre-emptive strike on pirating music.

I don't mind not having access to my music it's just it delets it all which means I have to re-sync in order for it to play.

Can I tell the other computer not to touch my stuff?

Help

2. Phood macrumors newbie

Yeah, I have the new 30 gb iPod which I use on my Mac. I want to move large files from my PC to Mac, which I used to be able to do with my old 10 gb iPod. I also have the full version of Macopener, which would allow me to put files on my old iPod without deleting all the music. Now I have to format my iPod for Windows which deletes all my music. Does Macopener work for the new iPod?