Ipod Movie?!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by wangagat, Oct 21, 2006.

1. wangagat macrumors member

Feb 25, 2004
    Hey guys,

ok this is weird. I was just checking my emails and get this, I received an email from my university reminding me of a deadline for a contest to win an ipod.

so... um... maybe just quoting the email would be easier:

"Reply by October 23, 2006, and you will be eligible for the October 30 draw for an iPod Nano, as well as the Grand Prize draw on January 31, 2007 for an iPod Movie. If you have already completed the survey, thank you for your participation."

I'm not making this up, weird right?

maybe the true video iPod ?!

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    I don't think that your university has some inside scoop. Just a misnomer, calling the iPod with Video an iPod Movie. Or, maybe you'll win some iTMS vouchers to buy movies from the store.
  3. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    Well, I'm not going to dispute the email but I will say that they're probably just advertising the iPod but calling it the "iPod movie."

I've seen so many brochures from top-line department stores calling the iPod variations of "iPod video." I really wish they would stop it, the thing's called "iPod" there's no video anywhere in the name.

I reckon they're just trying to differentiate between the nano and iPod and have somewhat oddly used "movie" at the end.