ipod, movies, low hard drive space

Discussion in 'iPod' started by howard, Oct 21, 2006.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i have an ipod video and an ibook. the video ironically has more HD space than my ibook. I like keeping all of my music (about 20gigs, on my ibook), and I like syncing playcounts stats etc from my ipod to my itunes.

what i would like to do is rip movies from my collection and put them on my ipod, then delete them off my ibook, however i still want to keep the sync features of my music. is this possible? cause as far as I know if you re-sync an ipod that has content on it that isn't in your library it will delete that.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's not a brilliant workaround, but if you manually manage your iPod (rather than automatically sync it) but still want to keep playcounts synced, then you could try Synch iPod-iTunes Data. This might be a bit of a hassle though. :eek:

3. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

this is the only way i know off. sorry.

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

While maybe not the best solution, this might provide you an option.

Get a large external HD. Move your iTunes library to the external. Now you will have all the space you need for your music and movies. Plus your iBook's HD will have more free space this way.

A big negative with this solution is that you have to carry your external HD with you all the time if you want to use iTunes.