iPod music back to iTunes after crash

Discussion in 'iPod' started by fjs08, Oct 25, 2006.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Hi,

My OSX crashed the other day and I had to reinstall the OS and then everything else. When I hook up my iPod, iTunes wants to erase the iPod with the "nothing" that is currently on my iTunes. How do I sync the iPod so that I don't lose everything on it, but rather go the other way and add it back to my iTunes Library.
    Thanks.
    Frank

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You had to do a reinstall after a crash? You sure it's not something hardware related? I've had Safari/iTunes lock up on me plenty of times but it's never caused a massive system crash.

Anyhoo, don't let iTunes erase your iPod, download a program called "Senuti" and use it to pull your music and playlists from your iPod back into iTunes. You'll be presented with an interface much like iTunes, on the left is the source list only this time "Library" refers to your iPod library and below that is "iTunes" with the little notes icon. Just drag your songs/playlists onto that iTunes item on the left and both programs will do their bit.

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>You had to do a reinstall after a crash? You sure it's not something hardware related? I've had Safari/iTunes lock up on me plenty of times but it's never caused a massive system crash.<<

I did all the system checks, etc. Actually, after I did the reinstall, the computer is running better than it did before?? Not sure what "accumulated" over 3.5 years. <g>

>>don't let iTunes erase your iPod, download a program called "Senuti" <<

I'll do that today. Thanks.

Frank