iPod music transfer??

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MacDuff, Nov 17, 2002.

1. MacDuff macrumors regular

Hey, does anyone know or have figured out how to transfer mp3's out of your iPod onto your hard drive, or a disk, or burn it to a cd? I'm sure people have tried to figure this out. I can't even find where my mp3's are on my iPod. I have it in hard drive mode of course. Anyone?....anyone?..... Bueller?..... Bueller?:cool:

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

go to versiontracker and type in "ipod" you will find a program that lets you do what you want.

3. MacDuff thread starter macrumors regular

Whoa...

Serious? You're the man if dis works. Thanks............

4. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

if you dump mp3's onto ur ipod as a harddrive and not through itunes, you can drag them on and off straight away..

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

>(Chaszmyr) go to versiontracker and type in "ipod" you will find a program that lets you do what you want.

I think the following program works best.

http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=15951&db=mac

It doesn't require any fancy playlists or anything. The program installs a few scripts under the iTunes scripts folder in your user Library.

To transfer a song from your iPod, after the installation process is complete, select the file, go to the new Script menu, and select
    iPod tracks -> Desktop

You can do this for multiple files as well.

If you transfer the files to the iPod as a Hard Drive, I don't think the iPod can play those files by itself.

6. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

7. MacDuff thread starter macrumors regular

That worked well

King Cobra,
    That worked really well. I followed your advice to a tee. This seems to work much better than xPod because of multiple file transfers.

Thanks your Highness,
    MacDuff:D