iPod music transfer?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sainteven, May 30, 2006.

1. sainteven macrumors newbie

May 16, 2006
    Here's my problem:

- I just got a MacBook (that's the good part).

- I have several thousand songs on my iPod and PC.

- I need all of that music on my MacBook.

Is there any way to simply transfer the music straight from the iPod to the MacBook?

(My PC isn't on a network, so there's no easy way to transfer straight from there).

Any ideas?
  2. munckee macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2005
    Technically, no. Apple didn't allow this option for fear that people would go to a friends house, copy all their music to your ipod, then take it home and add it to your library.

However, there are programs that will do just that. I can't reccommend a specific one, but I'm sure if you google search you'll find what you're looking for. Or someone here will point you in the right direction.
  3. G wizz macrumors member

you beat me to the same question, just purchased a new macbook and thought it would simply download from my ipod to macbook, gutted.
  4. munckee macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2005
  5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    Or for a free program that can even copy the music into iTunes on the Mac try Senuti, or take a look at the Guide if you want more options.

You will probably loose your ratings if you do this, to get round that first copy your 5* songs onto your iPod, create a playlist called 5* songs in iTunes, and then tell Senuti to add songs from your iPod to the 5* songs playlist, then rate those songs 5* in iTunes and repeat for your other ratings.
  6. kildraik macrumors 6502

May 7, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Agreed with Senuti... and fyi there was a thread a bit earlier about iPod Transfering...:rolleyes:
  7. Rickay726 macrumors 6502

Dec 29, 2005
    New Jersey