iPod nano 100%

Discussion in 'iPod' started by aethier, Sep 14, 2005.

1. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

well i got my white 4g iPod nano today, i am quite impressed, and it seems that I am not the only one.

Link to 100% score

nice read

adam

2. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Nice, I was kind of planning on a shuffle sometime just for walking dogs, running, skiing, etc. since my 30gig ipod stops after about 20 min of jogging. So I don't really need a nano, but they are so damn cool. *Tries to drown out urges to drive to dangerously close apple store*

3. Merf macrumors regular

Yeah I played around with one a few days back at bestbuy. They are freakin sweet!

Merf

4. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

GREATEST HITS ALBUM

With nearly 1400 cds in my collection and about 800 on my 40 gig iPod photo - I look to the 4 gig Nano as the greatest greatest hits album ever produced!!!!

Support the Mother Ship -

Buy APPLE!

5. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

is it just me or does the nano have a bunch of dead space between the screen and the scroll wheel. :confused:

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Its just you...

No seriously the space looks big on the pics but because its so small it actually isnt very much and makes sure your thumb doesnt go over the screen when using the click wheel,

SHadOW

7. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

or maybe its coz they squashed a lot of iPod into a very small case, and the way it was designed meant that the scroll wheel couldnt be too close to the screen. Just like the G5 iMacs big white 'void' under the screen; its got some pretty good tech under it.

8. cube macrumors G4

0% because it has no FireWire, so it's unusable for many people.

9. JupiterTwo macrumors 6502

JupiterTwo

But perfectly usable by many more people.

10. mpw Guest

There are sound reasons for it not having FW and as said above the number of people that omitting FW effects because they don't have USB pales compared to the number of people who would have no use for FW or would lose out by it's inclusion.

11. cube macrumors G4

I don't care about PCs

12. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

hmm, but unfortunately for you, Apple does.

13. mpw Guest

What's that got to do with it?
    I'll wager the reason FW was left off was down to the size of the nano as it would've needed it's on controller chip etc.
    It wouldn't have made any sense to have FW in place of USB because it would've limited sales and it's the PC users sales that Apple wants if it wants to be able to provide Apple users with things like iTMS and (relativly) cheap music players.

14. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

stop bitching about the lack of firewire, it was for space saveing, usb 1 is not that slow just leave your ipod to fill up for an hour, i too dont have a single mac with usb2 (ibook g3 2x g4 cubes).