iPod Nano (2nd Gen) 1.1 Update Problem

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tyr2, Oct 25, 2006.

1. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Argh!

I just connected my iPod Nano (2nd Gen) and iTunes prompted me to update to 1.1 which i did. Now following the reset it does I don't get any output on the screen.

The backlight goes on and off and I can still plays songs but nothing is displayed. I've tried a 'menu & select' reset, but to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm not mad keen on the 'restore' option in iTunes as I transcode my tracks before putting them on the iPod and I don't really want to have to do them all again.

2. tyr2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Well I tried a restore but no joy, still nothing being displayed, not even the Apple logo during the restore. Back to Apple it goes then I guess.

3. tyr2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Woke up this morning, tried it and it's working okay now. Weird.

4. mrdave0016 macrumors newbie

ah ha

I am having the same exact problem. I get no output after the iPod software update installation. I am debating on taking it back to apple or waiting it out like you did. Do you remember what you did with you iPod before it started work so I can give it a try? Did you leave it connected to the your computer or what?
    Any info would be great. Thanks

5. tyr2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tyr2

I just left it unconnected on my desk. However the next day it had the same problem (without having connected it to my Mac). I need to arrange a return with Apple. I've not had a chance to sort it out yet.

6. appleman123 macrumors newbie

Bring it back, sounds like some thing that shouldnt be happening iwth a brand new nano!