iPod Nano 2nd Generation Cases

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SAdProZ, Sep 21, 2006.

1. SAdProZ macrumors 6502

SAdProZ

I now have a 'second-generation' iPod Nano :) and would love a case.
    Unfortunately, the new Nanos are a bit different in shape and there are
    reports that some first-generation cases arent fitting.

Slowly but surely 2nd gen. cases are now being released. If you know
    of any, please share. ;)

Here's my list:
    http://www.tunewear.com/english/product/ipod_nano_2g.html
    http://www.speckproducts.com/nano-leather.html
    http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevziPodnano.aspx
    http://www.acmemade.com/thenanoclip.html
    http://www.wompgear.com/wompaccess-white-p-63.html?osCsid=03b0588db1a5601ba99003fbd0a530e2

Note: I'm not sure if the Acme Made case is for 2nd Gen but it sure looks like it would fit.

2. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Most cases will still fit as the dimensions arent really diffeent. The only ones that wont are like the aluminium ones where it is specially shaped to fit the 1st gen nanos.

3. SAdProZ thread starter macrumors 6502

SAdProZ

Right. Some are form-fitted for 1st Generation Nanos and thus do not fit or fit akwardly. Online retailers are now releasing new 2nd Gen cases specifically for 2nd Gen nanos but it is nice to know, as you said, that many 1st gen cases work perfectly as well.

4. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

the apple nano tubes have been said to fit the new nanos as well.

5. SAdProZ thread starter macrumors 6502

SAdProZ

1st Gen Case didnt fit

I bought an "INCASE" case from the apple store, which they also sell at apples online store. It was made for the 1st generation nano. It does not fit the 2nd generation nano. sure, the 2ng Gen can fit inside but the hold button is off, the screen is off, and the click wheel protector is flawed and annoying. Also, another case i tried doesnt work. So basicly, back to my original point, they arent compatible. Im still looking for a quality case with a belt clip.

6. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

my incase neoprene nano sleeve fits my 2G 4GB fine. I don't know which one you got but I have zero issues. They're on sale at target right now for $15.

7. SAdProZ thread starter macrumors 6502

SAdProZ

I bought the one with the beltclip. It definitely retards the click wheel. I put my girlfriends 1st gen nano in it and it fits perfectly, so i gave it to her. The 2nd gen doesnt like the incase.

8. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I like these nano "attachments" ... can't really call them cases. They work exactly like what I'd like them to do ... minimalistic as the nano itself is already quite sturdy.

http://gizmac.com/Products2G.html
    [​IMG]

$25 for all four attachments I think is a decent deal =)

9. wchong macrumors 6502

if you really life contemporary stuff and something that stands out i suggest the following:

carbon fiber case

10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i hope they dont change the iskin case for the new nano's I really liked the old style

11. Shadylane315 macrumors regular

do you think those will fit with the rubber casing from brando anyways? it's just a couple of cm thicker. can anyone provide reviews for the brando skins and these clips?

12. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I just ordered Speck's ToughSkin for my 2G nano. I've used it for my old 5G for a while and it works very well. I'd highly recommend.

13. Shadylane315 macrumors regular

also does anyone know a good very good screen protector for a reasonable price?

14. noahsnyc macrumors regular

I just purchased an iSkin Duo (for 1G Nano) and found that it fits my 2G perfectly. I picked it up at my local Apple Store for $30, the day after receiving my Nano as a birthday gift. I needed something quick and options for full-screen and wheel protection are SEVERELY limited for the 2G Nanos... Feel confident in an iSkin Duo. They're a little pricey, but offer full protection and fit snugly.The silicone is amazing and feels like it'll hold up to a little sweat and bouncing as well as anything. The belt clip also seems really strong.

I also ordered a RadTech "Sleevz". I have one for my 4G iPod and love it. Great all-around low-profile everyday protection. I was stoked to find out that they fit the 2Gs...

N.

15. Saberlin macrumors newbie

16. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

any try the new iskin for the 2gen nano...
    http://www.iskin.com/in2g/

that's good to know... i might get the black/red one :D
    can you post a pic?

17. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

My friend got a 2g nano. and used a skin from the 1st one. It fit perfect except the hold switch was a little bit covered by the skin. but you could still use it.

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

For mine I think I am going to order tunewear's icewear. I want something clear like my agent 18 case for my 60gb 5th gen. I want the invisible shield but I am so worried about the water / soap deal.

19. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

don't be. I've put an IS on 3 ipods and a macbook, and the water has never done a bit of harm.

and I'd have to say that those 4 titan thingies look like a great deal for $25.

20. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

you can get the powersupport crystal film set. I have it on my video and it gets the job done

21. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

As someone who bought that for his 1G nano I can say that it will definitely not work with the 2G nano. the mounting points are shaped to the 1G nano corners, and the points themselves are of a height slightly greater than that of a 1G nano so the (poorly made) carbon fibre can sit just above the nano face - which means if you could use it with a 2G nano there would be a lot of space between the plates and the nano. Not a good idea at all.

Avoid - a complete waste of money.

22. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo