iPod Nano 4th Gen scratching?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tekgeeek, Aug 20, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 18, 2008
    Does the iPod Nano 4th Gen actually scratch? I've been eyeing this iPod Nano 4th Gen case. I'm just not sure if I really need it though. I've owned a 3rd generation regular iPod before and I didn't put a case on it and the back side was scratched pretty bad but this new iPod Nano seems pretty durable. Ppl who have owned the iPod Nano for a while now, lemme know how your guys' iPods turned out?
  2. macrumors 604

Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I've had the 4th gen Nano for 8 months now and there is only a single scratch on the front click wheel. Other than that small scratch it is in great condition, the screen does not scratch easily at all, IMO it doesn't need a case at all. This is because it does not have the chrome on the back like previous generations.
  3. macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2009

if i was you i would wait till september 9 to see if the new nano will come out i thnk is going to be the same but higher the memory for the same price.:eek::D:):mad::rolleyes::confused:;):apple:
  4. macrumors newbie

Aug 3, 2009
    This is my first experience with an iPod Nano so I wouldn't know but they have warned you that the colour can fade. There is no guarantee about it. I wouldn't take the chance so I purchased a cover yesterday. The cover breaking/scratching is better than it happening to your iPod any day. I just purchased an Gamefacez iPod case … the material they use is called "cashmere" silicone. It is perfect for me - does not make the iPod any bulkier and the screen is still as clear.