Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekgeeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2008
Does the iPod Nano 4th Gen actually scratch? I've been eyeing this iPod Nano 4th Gen case. I'm just not sure if I really need it though. I've owned a 3rd generation regular iPod before and I didn't put a case on it and the back side was scratched pretty bad but this new iPod Nano seems pretty durable. Ppl who have owned the iPod Nano for a while now, lemme know how your guys' iPods turned out?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I've had the 4th gen Nano for 8 months now and there is only a single scratch on the front click wheel. Other than that small scratch it is in great condition, the screen does not scratch easily at all, IMO it doesn't need a case at all. This is because it does not have the chrome on the back like previous generations.

Torresangel88

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009

if i was you i would wait till september 9 to see if the new nano will come out i thnk is going to be the same but higher the memory for the same price.:eek::D:):mad::rolleyes::confused:;):apple:

atwell

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2009
This is my first experience with an iPod Nano so I wouldn't know but they have warned you that the colour can fade. There is no guarantee about it. I wouldn't take the chance so I purchased a cover yesterday. The cover breaking/scratching is better than it happening to your iPod any day. I just purchased an Gamefacez iPod case … the material they use is called "cashmere" silicone. It is perfect for me - does not make the iPod any bulkier and the screen is still as clear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.