iPOD nano (4th gen) turns off immediately after disconnected from the computer..

Discussion in 'iPod' started by lekilibum, Apr 23, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 23, 2009
    ive been coming across some problems with my ipod nano. ive only had it a couple of months.. the problem started off:

so about a month agoi wanted to sync my ipod, but I didnt have itunes, so i used Media Monkey, or something like that. I tried synching it, and it looked like it synched correctly cuz i could see all the songs I had in my ipod, but once i disconnected it, it said "0 Songs!" for some reason it deleted all my songs but once I conneted it back to Media Monkey it still had the files and songs I had in it. soo weird. I have tried media monkey to sync my mom's ipod to and it went fine.

so i just ended up using my friends itunes to put all my songs in, and for a while it worked fine, nothng wrong...

and then one day i jsut wanted to charge, so i connected it to my itunes on my laptop and when i was done for some reason it deleted all my songs again!!!

and so here is the problem, since that time, the ipod hasnt been working correctly.. it still charges and i am still able to put songs and sync it, but once it gets disconnected from the laptop it turns off right away... i am still able to listen to music too but only if its connected to a usb port...

can someone help me please :confused:
  2. macrumors member

Jan 25, 2009

Sounds like it isn't getting any power from the battery - so it only works when connected to USB power.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 23, 2009
    how can it not be getting any power from the battery? it says its Connected all the time..
    how do i fix this?