Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

repentix

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2013
Yesterday I purchased a used 16gb 5g nano off Craigslist for a pretty good price. The thing has a broken display and thus the minor price, I was planning to get a new display in there and sell it for a nice profit.
But then I connected it to my PC at home, to which it didn't want to connect, this was solved after a fresh install of itunes. I synced and fully charged it. After that I decided to take it for a spin with voiceover. It responded at first and played the music fine, but after about 2minutes it stopped responding completely , the iPod just finished the song and continued to be unresponsive. When clicking any button on the device it just made the clicking sound and didn't have any effect on anything. This state was only changed after a hard reset of the iPod which results in the same symptoms.
Have you got any idea, what the problem with this iPod nano may be? May this be a motherboard failure?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.