IPod Nano 6G 1.2 Firmware update- stop playing music after 30 sec!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by msstarbucks, Oct 18, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello,

I updated my 6G Ipod Nano yesterday to Firmware 1.2 as suggested by ITunes 10.5.

Since the update, the nano stops playing music and switches off after approx. 30-40 sec. To continue I have to press the sleep/wake button and hit the Play button again. Very frustrating!

I also noticed that it stops playing music at the same time when the screen sleep function turns on. If I keep my finger on the screen (the screen sleep function does not turn on) it does not do it and the music continues playing....Unacceptable!

Has anyone experienced anything similar with the new Firmware update? Is there any fix/solution for this? Please help.

2. blackburn, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Just do a restore or a dfu restore and it will be fine. Mine works great after the 1.2 update. I had troubles with battery life after updating and a dfu restore fixed it. Either restore it or connect it to your mac / pc and hold all keys until it reboots twice then itunes will prompt to restore it.

edit: read below it looks like ftaok found the real problem. At least I'm able to reproduce it.

3. macrumors 601

ftaok

Make sure your headphone plug is all the way in. My theory to why this happens is that when the screen is on, there's enough power for the headphones to work, but when the nano goes to sleep mode, there's not enough power anymore.

In any event, seems to be the solution.

4. blackburn, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

macrumors 6502a

blackburn

Just tested this and this is the cause. I can even get the music to sound right but when the screen goes off the sound goes too. Either that or your ipod jack sensing mechanism is busted or dirty. It must be some kind of power saving measure.

5. macrumors newbie

Here is something I found posted in the Apple forum that sounds like what you are talking about.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16274492#16274492