Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimonBS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Hello,

The display on my iPod Nano 6g is cracked a bit in the upper left corner.

I would like to replace the display. As I have a family member who is good with technology he doesn't mind replacing the display. All I need is a replacement part. I see there are a lot of displays on eBay but I really doubt the quality of them.

Does anyone have any experience with buying replacement parts for iPods on eBay or can anyone recommend a site to buy parts?

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
Hello,

The display on my iPod Nano 6g is cracked a bit in the upper left corner.

I would like to replace the display. As I have a family member who is good with technology he doesn't mind replacing the display. All I need is a replacement part. I see there are a lot of displays on eBay but I really doubt the quality of them.

Does anyone have any experience with buying replacement parts for iPods on eBay or can anyone recommend a site to buy parts?

Replacing the screen on a 6g nano is extremely hard due to the lack of decent parts, the outer glass is actually inseparably bonded to the actual LCD display, meaning that you would have to buy a pre-glued part for the repair to work. These are scarce but if you can find one from a seller with good feedback it should be ok. You should consider buying a faulty 6g nano and transferring the screen across, then you know its a genuine Apple part

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.