Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRickyRocket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
On the latest iPod nano (touchscreen) - when the screen goes into sleep mode and the music is still playing, is there any way to make the screen light up again without pressing the sleep/wake button ?

Is there a trick/sequence where I can just touch the screen and not hit the button on top of the iPod to turn the screen back on ?

Same question with the volume. Is there a way to control the volume via the screen or is it only possible through the buttons on top ?

Qemre

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2011
You can open the screen only with the button on the upper right side
You can change the volume by pressing the buttons on the upper left side or by opening the screen and changing the volume there (in the "now playing" section) hope this helps..

tatoosh

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
that is my complaint too.
the screen goes to sleep too quickly - and then you have to push that top button to get it to come back on. That is annoying and a bad design.

have you found a way to keep the screen from blacking out?

thanks
Penny

iRickyRocket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
that is my complaint too.
the screen goes to sleep too quickly - and then you have to push that top button to get it to come back on. That is annoying and a bad design.

have you found a way to keep the screen from blacking out?

thanks
Penny

Right on Penny. I haven't found a way to set the "awake" time - it goes to sleep very quickly. With a software upgrade they could probably give us the option to set it , but I don't see it as an option now. I guess we just have to get used to hitting the sleep/wake button.

iRickyRocket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Dear Apple,

I want to be able to double tap on the screen of new my new iPod nano in order to get it out of sleep mode, rather than press the sleep/wake button. I also want to be able to set the amount of time it takes before it goes into sleep mode (optoins... 30 secs, 1 min, 5 min, never).

Thank You
Ricky

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
I can see how that would be a concern. Can't see why the screen doesn't simply wake up when you touch it. Makes no sense really that you should have to wake it first by hitting a button. Seems counter-intuitive.

I guess one could use the Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic but one really shouldn't have to do that.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.