Ipod Nano - any price cuts ?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by TheShore, Jun 4, 2006.

1. TheShore macrumors newbie

Jun 4, 2006
    Do you think there will be any price cuts for the 2 and 4gb versions of the Ipod Nano in the next time? Are there any rumors of bigger versions to be released and if so - when are they supposed to be released.
    I am asking because I really want to buy an nano - but I don't know if it's the right time :)

thx a lot

Tom :rolleyes:
  2. Pees330 macrumors 6502

May 26, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Apple has never really cut prices on products. They just get replaced with newer items. Once new iPods come out you can find them cheaper on sites such as MacMall
  3. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

Mar 12, 2006
    Under the sun
    6 and 8GB flash drives have had some rumours. There's a 16GB flash drive I believe, but balancing price with size is difficult. I wouldn't expect price drops- it's not apple's style (unfortenately!). My prediction: the 1GB nano will be dropped and a larger flash drive added.
  4. milo macrumors 604

Sep 23, 2003
    They cut prices on the shuffles. Originally $149 and $99.
  5. rye9 macrumors 65816

Sep 20, 2005
    New York (not NYC)
  6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I've seen minimal price cuts on new units at Sam's Club and bigger price cuts on refurbished units at the online Apple store but Apple isn't in the habit of discounting anything.

As has been said, the current capacities will probably drop in price $50 as the 1 GB goes away.
  7. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2005
    True, Apple rarely pulls a price cut, however, they really need to lower the price of the 4GB and add at least a 6GB model.
  8. adk macrumors 68000

Nov 11, 2005
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Why? the 1G ipod mini was $249, and that was 4GB
  9. TheShore thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 4, 2006
    Thx a lot for your answers !
    I got myself the 2gb nano - I love it :)