iPod Nano Details, and Full Touchscreen iPod?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 31, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

9to5mac updates with claims that sort out some of the mixed signals arriving these past two weeks surrounding upcoming versions of the iPod.

9to5mac had earlier posted a mockup of what was felt to be a next generation iPod which showed a shorter proportioned iPod. While met with some skepticism, a later ThinkSecret report corroborated the dimensions ("in some ways more resemble a BlackBerry") and confirmed that the leaked iPod interface videos would be used.

This latest report now claims that the mockup of the shorter iPod is in fact a mockup for the iPod Nano, and not the "full size" iPod as suggested. They also claim the leaked interface videos are for this upcoming Nano.
    This leaves room on for a high end iPod config, which is said to be a "phoneless iPhone" that many have been waiting for.

Article Link

2. macrumors regular

I'm waiting for facts, not rumors...

:)

3. macrumors 68020

The current Nano is perfect. That thing is plain ugly.

4. macrumors 601

gloss

This makes me nervous, because it's referring to the iPod Touch.

100-120gb, plz.

edit: Interesting, they edited that and removed the capacities. Ah well.

5. macrumors 6502

This is MacRUMORS.com

Rumors are more fun... :p

Chris

6. macrumors 6502

Then go to macfacts.com instead. :p

7. macrumors regular

studiomusic

2" square for the whole thing? That means about 1.5" for the screen? Kinda small for video. Even the ipod video screen is a bit too small...
    I'm spoiled by my iphone I guess.

8. macrumors 6502

If it's ever coming out, 9to5mac would be getting a little call from Apple Legal.

9. macrumors 68040

BoyBach

My iPod is up for sale on eBay at the moment to help fund my 'travels' for the next 9 months.

So I hope I will still be able to a lot of $ for my £ when I'm in the USA next year.

A new iPod Nano or 'Touchcreen' iPod. Woot!

:D

10. macrumors regular

I'm waiting for rumors, not outlandish speculation...

11. macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

Time to sell my 2 nano's.

12. macrumors 6502a

gusapple

True

Yeah, I am going with the video of the iPods that Apple put out that were taken down.

13. macrumors 601

gloss

I'm pretty sure that describing hardware/software is not on the same level as posting pictures/video belonging to Apple.

And that mockup is, well...a bad mockup.

14. macrumors 65816

carfac

Not impressed- 299 for 4 gig, 399 for 8 gig... Jobs taken to smoking crack again?

Wonder what the new colors will be.

15. macrumors 68030

A Nano that plays video at the same price point would be perfect for me. I don't use that much storage space. Actually add and internal speaker to it and it would be perfect.

16. macrumors regular

While we're in speculation-land I'll note that I just don't see an iPod as a phone-less iPhone happening. At best I see the new iPod having touch controls and the basic iPod-in-the-iPhone interface, but I'll go on record as saying there is no way in hell it will have wi-fi, safari, or anything of that sort. Apple will release lower cost iPhones to hit that demographic, but not higher-end iPods.

17. macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

Brown, duh.

18. macrumors P6

twoodcc

i would love for this to be true.....but i just don't see it. we'll see though. it stinks though, cuz i'm getting a new nano this weekend (tax free)

19. macrumors 6502

I don't buy an August 7th release date. iPod's almost always get updated in the September/October timeframe.

Not to mention the buy a mac get a free iPod promotion that runs through September 16th.

Guarantee we won't see a new iPod until at least September 17th.

20. macrumors regular

No way... nano's are never going 2 b like that the form factor is 2 good at the moment. plus who would want to watch a film on a device whoch would only store a couple and show them on a screen smaller than 2" square? this is very un-apple!

I vote tht this is pure speculation and should be ignored.

However i do think that the videos were real and i love them!

21. macrumors 68030

Analog Kid

Phoneless iPhone with a hard drive? My biggest complaint with my 60GB 5G is that I'm out of space for all the stuff I want to keep there...

22. macrumors 65816

Huh, what does this have to with iPhone?>

Wow, why is this on the site?
    I come to Macrumors for iPhone news and rumors.

Weird, what is this iPod thing you're talking about anyway?

:D

Kidding...

23. macrumors newbie

Nope, they'll simply exclude the new iPod part numbers from the rebate, thus making them ineligible.

24. macrumors member

Cfour

That's possibly the worst mockup I have ever seen. Must of taken all of 30 seconds in PS.
    Apple would never pass that off.
    Better luck next time.

Cfour

25. macrumors 601

gloss

I'm pretty sure they said themselves that it was a really, really quick mockup just for the sake of proportions.