iPod nano dock

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by brendel95, Sep 11, 2005.

1. brendel95 macrumors regular

May 23, 2005
    I just bought white 2GB iPod nano and have two questions

Does iPod mini dock work with iPod nano?
    What are the best FM transmitter for my car?

Thanks a million in advances
  2. ckeck macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2005
    Not sure about the dock question...

But as far as FM transmitters go, I have NOT found a single one that works all that great. The quality just isn't there, plus all the static...it sucks. I have tried several and even the ones that let you manually set the station don't do much better. Of course, I live in San Antonio, so there is a lot of radio traffic.

I would recommend a tape adapter if you have a cassette player or the $100-$200 it costs to have an adapter installed directly into your stereo deck.
  3. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

Oct 26, 2003
    Cardiff, Wales
    Those cassette things cost nothing - $5 in UK MAX from TESCO. Perhaps your Walmart sell them.
  4. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2005
    I have both the adaptor and iTrip and the iTrip is collecting dust right now. Using the adaptor is a better quality then the iTrip. I only use the iTrip with my Nokia 6800 combo.
  5. gallagb macrumors 6502

Apr 28, 2004
    as for the dock...

the connector on the bottom of the nano is the same as the mini- so yes- it should work

the question will be if it actually fits
    you can, however, always take the cover off the dock (?)
    (i know you can do this w/ the bigger docks)
    & then anything w/ the dock connector will fit-

best bet: try it
    (that is, if you have a nano & a mini dock laying around)

if not- go get the nano dock
    & u'll b fine

but as for it like breaking it or whatever- no the connectors are the same- thus it should work.