iPod Nano Firmware features

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JD92, Sep 25, 2005.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2005
    You know what'd be really cool, if they gave owners of 4Gs the features that the Nano has, like the screen locking and stuff.
    Think the next firmware update will have it?

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    I sure hope so. Apple has done this in the past, so I hope they continue to do it (especially for Photo owners, as those are still "recent" models). I could see the screen lock thing not making it into all iPods, just because it might require some additional firmware that the other iPods might not have... but hopefully they can flash it onto them anyway.
  3. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    I would be very surprised if Apple didn't add those features to at least the photos. I'm not so sure about them adding it to later models but maybe Apple is feeling nice this time around. :rolleyes:
  4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Stopwatch and Clock is awesome

Screenlock is dumb - its really easily cracked.

There should be a feature on your computer:

Most Secure Moderate Less

You will remember | iPod will not remind | iPod will remind
    your password and | you your password | you of your pass-
    iPod will not remind | but will turn it off | word every time
    you | when you Sync it | you turn it on

5. ammon macrumors regular

Sep 24, 2005
    All they need to do now is add wireless networking and a stock tracking software. Then I would be set! :D

But seriously, stopwatches do come in handy.
  6. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

May 15, 2005
    NG9, England
    Stopwatches could be pointless on a hard drive iPod though, after all, you shouldn't really be running with it.

One word though, the last updater came out on the 23rd, with only minor revisions to the shuffle software. Even so, I can't see another revision to the iPod software for a month or so, unless of course they introduce a video iPod on October 7th or there abouts, in which case they may bring some revised colour screen software out at the same time.