Ipod Nano Gen 5 screen issues

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Blondie :), Jul 6, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

May 12, 2010
    Prescott, AZ
    Hello all. I have a gen 5 ipod nano. Recently, the LCD screen pretty much died. There are lines going through the better portion of the screen, right in the middle. I assume there is no fix for this, aside from replacing the LCD screen entirely, but has anyone else had this problem? I have included pictures so you can get a better idea of what's going on. Sorry for my chin in the backgorund, my camera broke, so I have to use photo booth haha :p

Attached Files:

2. macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2010
    My Basement, United States
    First off I would try reformatting it and see if that fixes it.. It's probably a hardware issue though I would bet and in that case you would either need to replace the screen or have Apple do it for you.
  3. macrumors regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Unfortunately this issue means that your iPod's screen, at one stage, has experienced applied pressure, usually associated with the mis-handling of the device.

The screen would need replacing, which could be done at your local Genius Bar or at a third-party repairer.
  4. macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2008
    It could just be a display cable/connector that's been damaged or come loose. I've seen that cause these kind of issues with the display.