1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

ipod nano gen 7th - how to change song quickly??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tianh2002, Oct 6, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about buying the new ipod nano 7th gen. I love the ipod nano on the 4th generation because i can change the song back and forth without looking at the ipod (buy just tapping the forward and backward button). Do you know if i change the song on the ipod nano 7th generation by click the volume rocker? or by sleep/wake button? I need to change the song quickly without looking at it?

thanks

2. macrumors member

Well, it hasn't been released yet, so no one knows the answer to your question.

That being said, the 6G Nano lets you quickly skip forward a song by double-pressing the sleep/wake button. I would imagine that you would have the same (or a similar) option on the 7G Nano.

3. macrumors 6502a

Hexiii

I think there is a button in the middle of up/down volume buttons, which works like on the remote of earphones. So when you double-click it, it changes the song forward and when you triple-click, it changes the song backwards.

4. macrumors 6502a

Yea the headphones provide one easy way to do that - there may be the sleep/wake button as well.

5. macrumors 6502a

Hexiii

I didn't mean just the headphones, there's also a button on the nano in between the volume buttons. At least it looks that way.

6. macrumors newbie

You have to use something like a morse code on he button between th volume rocker. double click, hold, etc. Good luck, I still have one with click wheel !

7. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

From the manual: