iPod Nano Issues

Discussion in 'iPod' started by StarbucksSam, Mar 11, 2007.

1. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Hello all,

I have the 8GB iPod nano (current, I believe) and I'm having a couple of issues with it.

Issue 1: Scrolling alphabetically through songs - I don't know when or how this happened but now song titles beginning with "the" do not show up under "T" - the song "The Sound of Silence" now comes under S in between "Soulful Strut" and "Special" in iTunes AND on my iPod nano. This wouldn't be that annoying if when I scrolled through letters it didn't go A, B, T, D, E, T, T, T, H (do you get the picture?). This appears to be new. I never noticed it before and certainly would have.

Issue 2: There is one song on my iPod nano that just won't play. That would be alright if it was a corrupted file or something but the song (Slide - Goo Goo Dolls ... it's a must have) was purchased from iTMS and plays perfectly on my computer. It always either freezes my iPod nano or does something else that's unkosher when I try to play it after about 10 seconds.

I tried to rectify this by doing a master reset of the device and then replacing all of my music back on to it. When I reset the device, it asked me if I'd like to update it with the new software or reset it with the current software. I chose the new software. This did not seem to fix the issue.

Does anybody know what I should do? I think the scrolling thing might be an iTunes issue rather than an iPod issue - was it recently updated when I did not notice? The song I could always spend a dollar to redownload, but that would be annoying. Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

for the scrolling issue, i think thats meant to be a feature.

For the song problem, send an email to the iTS, tell them the problem, and they will probably add a dollar to your account to download it again. Sounds like it got corrupted in the downloading process.

3. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Thanks on the second one - but if that's meant to be a feature, why am I the only one complaining about it?

4. thegrifman macrumors regular

I've seen it too and it kind of annoys me as well, hopefully they'll at least make it an option or take it out entirely.

5. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

The "T" issue is a new thing with the latest update. Agreed, it sucks. There's gttabe a way to turn it off or make an adjustment... Some way to differentiate the iPOd song list fromtheitunes song list...