ipod nano newbie

Discussion in 'iPod' started by karamia, Nov 9, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello all: I would love some help as I have just bought a nano and cannot seem to get going with it. I plugged it in to charge, which went fine. Then i went to itunes and downloaded that (so i thought). When i went to click on the itunes icon, i got a prompt that stated "please check your windows installer package...a dll required for this install to complete could not be run."

does this mean i cannot use itunes with windows 98? i did not get any disk with this nano. so i didn't think i needed any extra software to use it. am i supposed to first install a new operating system? Thank you, in advance, for any help...

kara

2. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you, Tom. i suspected as much. its not as though i didnt check before purchasing but a few people had told me that they had nanos and had successfully used it with win98 so i went ahead and got one. even the sales guy told me he had win98 and it was fine to use. well i hope its not too late to get winxp....thanks again, tom

4. macrumors 65816

iTeen

:apple:Get a Mac.:apple:
    your life will be so easy if you do.

5. macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

You're still using Windows 98?! :eek:

Welcome to 2007! Time for an upgrade I think...

Just kidding mate, just didn't realize people were still using Windows 98...

6. macrumors 6502

We still use Win98 at work on old 486 machines.. its pathetic.. but they are only for warehouse programs so they work fine for that.

but new nano and win98? get with the times man!

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

still lost in nano hell........

okay: so i installed winxp and d/led itunes. then i set up my playlists...but then, when i went to actually listen to my ipod.....NOTHING HAPPENED!!!:confused:

now, what the heck is wrong........? the ipod is showing my playlist fine but it isnt playing it.....yikes i checked volume setting.....its fine.....any ideas??:(