Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pheebz90

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
UPS delivered mine today (UK) - had been pending since 13th December. Sent it in 6 weeks ago.

Looks like a refurb - in that it doesn't look like a brand new one to me??

4 hours after it arrived I got an e-mail from Apple saying it was being despatched - with a tracking number! (fail!)

Mine was despatched according to ups yesterday but I am apparently in a remote area so its scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I found a website to put the serial in. It's a 6gen. Hopefully they are better than some reviews suggest. The more I read about it the more I wanted my original back.

gerry71

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
Service requested : November 15th
Product received : December 7th
Issue identified : December 7th
Product replacement pending : December 7th
In The Netherlands.
Today, January 4th, the status changed to:
Replacement product shipped.
No e-mail with serial number or tracking number.

saraviamd

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Post Back when received ;-)

Zeph74

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2011
Still waiting here !

Service requested : November 12th
Product received : November 21st
Issue identified : November 21st
Product replacement pending : November 21st

gerry71

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
Today, January 4th, the status changed to:
Replacement product shipped.
No e-mail with serial number or tracking number.
Just received the e-mail.
It's a 6th gen silver (as always).
Production year 2011, production week 51 according to chipmunk . nl
The tracking number does not give any information (yet).
I suppose that UPS ships the nano?

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Just got a mail from Apple, getting my 6th gen iPod Nano in 2 days! Thought I'd let you guys informed, as I am one of the only french in this forum! I sent my Ipod Nano 1st gen on November 24th, so expect yours hitting soon I guess! Overjoyed right now! :p

steveLONDON

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2009
UK
UK here. I just opened my package to discover a 6th gen nano (verified by serial)!

I'm surprised and pleased!

nrushforth

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
Still waiting here !

Service requested : November 12th
Product received : November 21st
Issue identified : November 21st
Product replacement pending : November 21st

Mine has been at Product Replacement Pending since 22nd November, and still no email or change. Will have to call them as now past 6 weeks. (UK iPod Nano replacement programme)

Mat246

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2011
UK
My status changed today to "product replacement shipped" but havnt got the email yet anyone know how long it takes to get it?

daveuk1

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
According to my last email from Apple UK my replacement was shipped on 28/12/2011. Unfortunately, as of today 05/01/2012, UPS doesn't have any record of the parcel being in their system apart from 'a shipping label has been created'.

Does anyone know how I can get in contact with Apple UK regarding the replacement?

scoobdriver

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
I've just checked my repair status, and I have a Nano out for delivery today (not received the email as yet)
I'm UK

Step 1 Request - 12 November 2011

19 November 2011: Product received

Step 2 Service

19 November 2011: Issue identified

Step 3 Return

4 January 2012: Replacement Product Shipped

I'll update once received..

lomby

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2011
Australia
I live in Sydney Australia, i rang the flagship apple store today and they are replacing the recalled iPods with the current ones, instead of sending mine off, i booked a genius bar appointment and they said they will replace it then. i can't wait till monday even though i have an iPhone, new apple products are and smell great, I'm going to use it as a watch for school!

disben

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
Got mine today!

My new 6gb arrived today at 9.19 - the email to tell me it was on its way arrived at 11.38 - either UPS are ultra efficient or Apple forgot to send the email! Anyway - very pleased!

Arrived in London UK

scoobdriver

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
Its arrived, 8GB 6G silver nano as expected.. email arrived shortly after..

Brill :)

I've just checked my repair status, and I have a Nano out for delivery today (not received the email as yet)
I'm UK

Step 1 Request - 12 November 2011

19 November 2011: Product received

Step 2 Service

19 November 2011: Issue identified

Step 3 Return

4 January 2012: Replacement Product Shipped

I'll update once received..

Random hero

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Another UK Confirmation from me....

Received my 6th Gen Silver this morning,

Got an email from apple about an hour after,

Seems like they are rushing them out now :D

marvo32

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
Just recieved an email from Apple to say that my replacement has been shipped, UPS have also attempted to deliver but I am at work so missed them, the email also gave the serial number which I have registered and it is a Silver 6th generation Nano (8Gig) I am also in the UK

Step 1 Request
November 24, 2011: Product received
Step 2 Service
November 24, 2011: Issue identified
Step 3 Return
January 4, 2012: Replacement Product Shipped
Shipped via UPS with tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For the record the nano was completely trashed with a cracked/leaking screen, I had also taken it apart but managed to stuff everything back in and closed the case together prior to sending it back.

Last edited:

Thajtodad

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Genius Bar Replacement

Has anybody in the US recieved a replacement via Genius bar appointment and swap? It would save me alot of time seeing as to how there are 3 Apple stores in a 20 mile radius of my home.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
UK calling...having made the request on 12 November and been on product replacement pending since 21 November, a CHANGE AT LONG LAST!

Just checked status on the apple website and was given UPS tracking number, email shortly thereafter! Checked the serial number and can confirm another silver 6th Gen iPod nano although according to powerbookmedic.com, this is a 16GB product. Surely a mistake? In fact checked with appleserialnumberinfo.com and it's stated as 8GB. Either way it's an upgrade on 2GB first gen that was sent in.

Here's the UPS saga timeline as I see it on the UPS tracking website:

Manchester, United Kingdom 05/01/2012 11:32 The customer was not available on the 1st attempt. A 2nd attempt will be made.
05/01/2012 6:50 Out for Delivery
05/01/2012 3:15 Arrival Scan
Tamworth, United Kingdom 05/01/2012 1:17 Departure Scan
Tamworth, United Kingdom 04/01/2012 21:02 Origin Scan

Last edited:

MrGangstaQ

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
Netherlands
Just received the e-mail.
It's a 6th gen silver (as always).
Production year 2011, production week 51 according to chipmunk . nl
The tracking number does not give any information (yet).
I suppose that UPS ships the nano?

Who ships the iPod? I also received yesterday the email! But I don't received my iPod yet? I live in The Netherlands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.