iPod Nano Recall Question

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Cookierachas, Apr 11, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I know the instructions say not to put it into the fed ex drop box but the closest fed ex store from me is really far
    So I want to know if anyone has sent it back in the drop box and did you experience any problems?

2. macrumors 6502

matbook101

Good idea, it says not to do something so it must be a good idea to do it.

3. macrumors 6502

helpful post!

I haven't tried it but it's not like they are going to lose your package if you do...eventually it will get delivered, it just might take longer putting it in a drop box location. just make sure you record the tracking number before you drop it off...

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sure someone has done it and I just want to know if it affected their experience in any way whatsoever

----------

Thanks!

5. macrumors regular

i just called and they sent a driver to get the package...I was in same boat...I had mine back within 2 weeks.

6. macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

I had 2 and both were dropped in a drop box.
    All it did was delay the tracking,. The first one I was a bit scared because the tracking number never showed up, but I got it back in 4 weeks. The second one exhibited the same behavior, the tracking number never worked but my new Nano was back in 10 days.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems same thing happened to me
    The repair status says it was shipped Wednesday but I haven't gotten any email about it

8. macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

Apologies for hijacking this thread but I have started a poll if you are interested at options of what to do with your iPod when it arrives

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1365517