ipod nano sales slow?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by derajfast, Sep 19, 2005.

1. derajfast macrumors 6502a

2. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

26 million what? it can't be units. That is like the entire installed base of ipod users. Are they forecasting $26 million in sales over the next two quarters? That is somewhere in the neighborhood of 115,000 units over 6 months. (with average sale price of about $225, i am erroring to the side of the 4g nano). That is only 19,000 units a month. Seems like it would be better than 26 million in sales. Especially with the holiday season fast approaching. 26 million units seems outlandish.

3. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

holiday season fast approaching?

Just exactly when is your holiday?

4. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

It is definitely 26 million UNITS they are predicting (of TOTAL iPod sales). Sounds far-fetched to me, but I'm not a market analyst either.

I think Apple sold something like 7 million last quarter, so it may be very much within reach.

As to the $26 million...that would be an outlandishly low expectation for sales of Nanos let alone the whole iPod line.

5. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

its units......its on that one article in the macbytes section......and yes, it is the total ipod base now, and they expect them to duplicate that in the next 2 quarters......13mil in each.....dont kill the messenger

6. prp134 macrumors regular

oh I dont think the sales are slow, I've been waking for like a week not for my nano argh~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :( it wont ship till the 27 because they dont have any right now and I bought it online thinking it was going to be sooner because it came direct from the warehouse, I guess I was wrong, this is what i get for not getting it when they had them in stock in the store :(

7. cmeelia macrumors newbie

Nano Not Slow

Ranked #2 (black) and #3 (white) on Amazon.com

By the way, 7 of top 20 items are iPods. 13 of top 50 are ipods. Apple has far exceeded critical mass; they now control the preferred platform (iTunes), they have a lock on the memory market (at huge discounts no competitor can touch), and They don't have any "real" competitors.

Sony just cut 10,000 jobs. That may help their finances, but it won't help their R&D. No one else is even positioned to make a dent in this market - nevermind challenge Apple.

in 1-3 years you will see Apple plow their horde of cash into video, gaming, telephony, and probably a half-dozen things we've never thought of... all using the iPod/iTunes platform and untouchable Apple style and design.

So why perpetuate the rumor that nano sales are slow? BestBuy: sold out. Circuit City: sold out. CompUSA: sold out. Nano sales are not slow, and they will never be slow. They will continue to skyrocket. Apple will make an absolute killing through the holidays. Post-holidays, millions of users will pay a buck-a-song on their new iPods... and Apple will do to music and music players what Microsoft did to data and computers 25 years ago.

And way back then, some dumb schmuck probably once claimed "Windows sales are slow."

8. G wizz macrumors member

anyone got a mini Ipod they dont want :cool: where are all these going when you buy a nano. Arggh ebay, wish I invented that.