iPod nano screen?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by carve, Nov 22, 2006.

1. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Does the new iPod nano have a good screen? Will the screen break easily? Will the screen get scratches easily? Thanks, macluver101

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's better than my Motorola L6's screen, that's for sure.

3. cecildk9999 macrumors regular

cecildk9999

arstechnica did a review of the 2nd gen awhile back; basically, it's a little less durable than the 1st gen for drops, but is more scratch resistant overall (including screen). The display is brighter and crisper. I really like the 4GB Silver I bought a few weeks ago, and no problems to report of so far. :)

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i saw the 2nd gen nanos at an Apple store near me and they seem to be a little better than the older ones. the screens don't look or feel like they're as delicate as the previous models. that's no license to intentionally drop it or take a key to it, though.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I just bought my first Nano (a green one!) yesterday and used it today. A lot. It's a fantastic experience after using my other 4th Gen Click Wheel (black and white screen) iPod for 2.5 years. I don't need 20 GB capacity......the 4 GB is great.

I mistreat my stuff, and it really hasn't shown any scratches, not even on the screen. And I mean yes, I really do mistreat my stuff. I don't throw it around, but I never really protect my stuff (except my camera lenses :eek:) or buy carrying cases for phones, iPods, etc. I'm very surprised my screen hasn't scratched after today, nor has the body itself.

6. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

I abused my Nano a lot and it doesn't show any scratches.

I wouldn't worry about any scratches and don't waste any money on protective skins. The second edition Nano is very durable.

7. cecildk9999 macrumors regular

cecildk9999

I'm the same way; I don't try to destroy my stuff, but it has the nasty habit of getting banged up. I dropped my old 15 and 20GB iPods 3 or 4 times while running (they still work!), and my old PB was so beat up by the time it died that I was surprised it survived 4 years. The nanos are nice, too, because they don't always disengage from the headphones when you drop it, so you've got a bit of a safety net. And just a few cosmetic scratches on the back for me, so far.

8. appleman123 macrumors newbie