Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Ok so here my problem.

I have bought this new iPod nano took it out the packaging, and plugged it in to my laptop.

I dragged a few songs across, and ejected the ipod yet I turned it on and there were no songs on the nano.

Now like 100 resets later and after trying on a different computer and different iTunes it still doesnt work!

The songs come up on itunes even on a different computer but not on the iPod at all!

The iPod is 'Software Version 1.0.1' but I am unable to update as I am stuck at school and i can only download onto the wondows which doesnt have iTunes and since there is currently no direct download link that has surfaced anywhere for the software update.

Help please! Even a short term solution would be beneficial!

Thanks!

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
i agree...it does sound like something is wrong...

byakuya

Ok but whats my best plan of action for someone who no longer has the box, got it as a gift and lives absolutely miles away from a store?

Screwed or is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

papadopolis1024

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2007
apple does not want any of that stuff back they will send you a box and you just put the iPod in and thats it... then in about 5 days you get an brand new nano!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.