ipod nano shake

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Dexter11, Sep 9, 2008.

1. macrumors member

quality - apple again raise the bar and still no one is close!

2. macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Except for ericsson. They've had shake in their phones for the last few months

3. macrumors member

I would be interested to know if the shake feature is something you can turn off. Otherwise what happens when you jog (or dance like those silhouettes in the ads...hehe).

I would also be interested to read about how many people accidently throw their nanos out of their hands (like the wii-mote). :D

I wish Apple would allow you to turn off the accelerometer in the iPhone and iPod touch. It annoys me to no end.

4. macrumors 65816

I'm sure it turns off with the lock on the top.

5. macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    hahaha, I don't know for sure, but I have replied to the same question with the same answer about 10 times today... ;) :)

6. macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

The shake only works if the screen is active and the nano is not on hold and you havent turned the feature off from the settings menu!

P.S.: I wonder how Apple bypassed all of Sony's patents.... they have this in their Walkmen (lol) since years!

7. macrumors 6502

Yes you can turn it off completely through the menu. I think it's a bit of a gimmick to be honest, but if it never activates accidentally I might just leave it on in case I ever want it.

...but you'd look like a bit of a twit shaking your iPod like crazy when you are walking down the street :p