iPod Nano sleep timer (or alternative)?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by foodcubes, Sep 22, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2009
    Anyone know if there's a way to set an automatic shut off (sleep timer) for the ipod Nano? I fall asleep during audio books and can never find my previous spot, due to the entire book being finished when I wake.
  2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2009
    Most audiotapes are broken into 1 hour segments. If I created a playlist with a single 1 hour segment, would the iPod nano shut off after playing the segment (if repeat is turned off)? That way I would only have to find my spot within a single one hour long segment, which is pretty easy, especially compared to finding my last spot within eight hours of audio.
  3. macrumors 68000

Sep 9, 2009
    Where the fresh snow don't go.
    I went to Extras--> Alarm-->Sleep Timer (Inactive). :S
    Mine usually continues to play regardless if I shut it off or not...
    Uh...there's time frames in which you're able to choose. Choose one of those and your Ipod Nano should shut off in that time-frame. :/
    Idk if this helped but it helped me :D:D
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jun 3, 2008
    Dutchess County New York
    Go under Extras - Alarms - Sleep Timer.

You should be able to select from one of the times that fir. I use it every night while listening to music to shut off after I have go to sleep.
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2009
    Thanks for the help.... it seems the real problem was that I somehow managed to hide the "extras" option from the main menu so I couldn't even find the "extras" section. I must have done this when I first bought the iPod.