iPod nano TV commercial

Discussion in 'iPod' started by number9, Sep 9, 2005.

1. number9 macrumors 6502

I haven't seen any other mention of it (though I could just be missing it, sorry if this is a repost) but did anyone else see the new commercial for the nano? I saw it twice last night on ABC during the Patriots/Raiders game. Its the first iPod commercial (other than print ads) I've ever seen that actually SHOWED the iPod, and wasn't just the usual silhouettes for the iPod + iTunes commercials. Seeing it actual moving hands, for me, really just made it more obvious how freakin' small the thing actually is. My 1st gen mini's battery just all of a sudden lost all capability to hold more than 10 minutes of charge, so instead of getting the battery replaced I might just buy a nano.

heres the link to the ad on the apple site
    iPod nano TV spot

2. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

i also saw it on abc, but it wasnt during the game, at some point before that my mom yelled at me to run to the living room to see the commercial. She is in love with the black nano and wants one for her birthday in Nov.

3. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this and the ROKR commercials during the game last night...

4. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

yeah, i saw a commercial for the ROKR last night on fox.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I saw the commercial, and thought it was kinda lame.

6. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

i really like the nano commercial its nice to see an ipod commercial that actually shows the product

7. the_freddinator macrumors regular

It's cool- it's different. I just hope they don't ditch the old silhoutte campaign. That was just pure genius.

Hopes: I hope that they come out w/ an opposite for the black, as well. Instead of a white hand on a black background, a black hand on a white background. Then, maybe, fuse the two and have alternating white/black sequences. Possibly ending w/ the two coming together on a splitscreen- one white, one black. That would be hot.

8. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I saw it last night and quite a few of my friends did to. They all want one now so I guess it did get the message across efectively. Just about everyone and the grandparents know what a iPod is now so they don't really have to advertise the music part.

9. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Go pats! As a side note, I love the new ad.

10. emutree macrumors member

It was on during the O.C. last night too, and from my experience was very successful advertising - all of my non-Mac savvy friends with iPods had said they immediately googled it after the show and spent a solid hour oggling at it. I think they made the right choice showing it with hands - the size of the thing became immediately clear, and the once-innovative silhouette ads wouldn't have caught anyone's attention these days.

11. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Hmm seems like we had the exact same O.C. excepiance and our friends did to.

BTW did u like the OC? I thought the episode was good but not great.

12. cbrad macrumors newbie

Haven't seen it yet. Maybe ill DL it somewhere later.