iPod nano vs iPod Video

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac2004, Jan 20, 2007.

?

Which IPod would you recommend buying at this time?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2007.
  1. IPod Nano (4GB)

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. IPod Video (30GB)

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. Mac2004 macrumors regular

I went to Best Buy and looked at both IPods and I am still confused so I am going to conduct a poll and see what everyone thinks. I mostly want to get an IPod for listening to music, audiobooks, and podcasts. Should I get the IPod Nano (4GB) or the 30GB IPod? The guy at the store told me that the Nano's were the best sellers.

2. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Nano's are probably the best sellers because of their physical size, I prefer the capacity of the video iPod. My entire collection fits there which makes me happy.

3. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

If I could afford an iPod I'd be getting the Nano. I have no wish to watch videos on a portable device, and I don't quite get why so many people want to. Either I'm behind the times or everyone else is nuts.

4. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I'd get the Nano. It's great for music, especially if you want to run or use it at the gym. For the video, I'd hold off a few months - you never know how close we are to the "true" video iPod.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Why the 4GB model? The 8GB nano is the same price as the 30GB iPod.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I don't watch video on the iPod itself, I carry a bunch of TV shows around on mine and plug it into a TV - certainly beats carrying around a bunch of DVDs when I'm travelling.

7. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i agree with Chundles. if you have the funds to buy a 30GB video and you'd rather have the nano, go for the higher-capacity 8GB version. i prefer the nano because of its size.

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

i use my nano a lot more than the video, if i Had to choose one, I would go with the nano, however only because it works with the nike+ kit. If you are not going to ever use that, then i say go with the video.

10. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Get a nano. They are going to stick around longer than the 30 gb video IMO.

11. paintballer macrumors regular

It depends on the size of your music library. I would prefer the Nano but I got the video because I already have 15GB of music and I'm always getting more. They're not very good for watching video's because they only have a two hour battery life when watching video's and the screen is so damn small it is hard to see anything on it anyway.