Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Now that the current iPod Nano design has been on the market over a year, what's the highlights in the watch band market?

iWantThat

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
I just picked up the Black TikTok for $40. Looks great and is very comfortable. For the price it was the best I could find. There were some cheaper options in the $25 range, but the bands looked cheap.

http://lunatik.com/tiktok

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I have both the iWatch and Tik Tok.

The iWatch is cheaply made, but not as bulky as the Tik Tok. I don't like the wide band where the nano connects and the band is not long enough. I do think it's more comfortable to wear than the Tik Tok.

The Tik Tok seems well made, but my black one scratches like crazy. Also, the plastic holder (the nano sits in) is rather large and uncomfortable on my wrist.

They're both rather clunky and I don't use them as much as I thought I would. The fact that you have to press a button to activate the clock on the nano is fairly annoying too.

I do love the new nano watch faces (especially the Mickey Mouse one). The next nano desperately needs bluetooth though.

dayjahone

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
I got a rubber band from ilovehandles and the silicone is really nice. It doesn't scratch or pull my hairy arms.

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
i'll hopefully will be getting a nano for my birthday. I want to use it as a watch, i love the lunatik and tik tok, and also looking at the iwatch too.
I'm just wondering whether the hold for the ipod is good enough - i know the lunatik is screwed in which is good if you rarely want to take it out, but as i'm more in the iwatch and tik tok budget how well do these hold the nano?

barca10

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Orlando, FL
Loving Mine

Got it Yesterday
Silver nano 8GB
Tik Tok Black

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 144

MallCop

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2011
I got the black tiktok over the weekend and it more comfortable than my fossil watch.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
i got my lunatik since it was released thru kickstarter. I love it.

Me too! The lunatik is quite awesome and the aluminum guard really protects the ipod. note: this case is for those exclusively interested in using the watch since it is time consuming to take out.

btw check out the lunatik Lynk!!

http://lunatik.com/lynk

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I got my Loop wristband in today. So far, I like it. I wish it didn't say Loop on the side though.

After trying the Tik Tok, Lunatik and iWatch, it's the only nano watch band I've been able to keep on all day without it bothering my wrist.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I got my Loop wristband in today. So far, I like it. I wish it didn't say Loop on the side though.

After trying the Tik Tok, Lunatik and iWatch, it's the only nano watch band I've been able to keep on all day without it bothering my wrist.

I'm looking at watch bands for Christmas gifts..any chance of getting some real world pictures?

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2009
New York
I was looking for the most comfortable band, especially for athletic usage. Someone suggested the Loop, any other recommendations? I've personally always liked Velcro wristbands, but meh.

SilverBlade

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2011
Are there *any* ipod nano watch straps that orient the nano so that the headphone jack is perpendicular to the arm and not parallel?

The only one I have found is "The Ultimate One". I am looking for others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.