iPod Nano Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kajitox, Oct 29, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Uh, this is an interesting problem that just occurred. I tried using my iPod and it wouldn't turn on. Duh, I'm an idiot, it was because lock was on. I turned off the lock and it still wouldn't turn on. Okay, battery might be dead, even though I JUST unplugged it from my computer from charging. I plug it into my computer and I get zero response. It doesn't turn on at all and the computer fails to realize it is there...

Well ****. I got it when it was first released and it is the iPod nano 3G, 8GB. I was hoping like something like this wouldn't ever happen to my iPod, but I think it might have.

Any bright ideas?

Thanks.

2. macrumors 68020

samh004

If you search google there's a way to reset it to factory settings, that might help (probably also tells you how with the included documentation). It'll still be under warranty regardless, so you can take it in for a check-up for free.

From the MacRumors guides:

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Interesting. It wouldn't respond to anything I would do with it, even when I tried to reset it, but when I tried the "toggle the hold switch then use the reset method" it worked just fine...why thank you my good sir.