Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plasticparadox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2003
I have a 3G 30gig iPod that isn't showing up in the 10.3 Finder or iTunes after I put my iBook to sleep and wake it up again. The iPod is in Disk mode, and the whole time, the iPod shows the 'Do Not Disconnect' icon. Docking it does trigger programs like iPod Launcher, and it also appears in Disk Utility.

The only workaround to get the iPod showing up in the Finder is for me to log out and log back in again.

I've tried soft-resetting the iPod while it's in the dock, but it doesn't make a difference. I've also tried yanking it out of the dock, and the Finder actually complains about it, but also makes no difference.

I've clean-reinstalled Panther, twice, this time avoiding non-Apple iPod programs such as iPod It or iPod2Go. Doesn't make a difference.

I'm going to try restoring the iPod firmware next, but if that fails to work, does anyone have any suggestions?

plasticparadox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2003
Thanks. I've ruled out everything on that page except for the iPod restore, which I've just tried. We'll see how it goes.

Edit: The iPod firmware restore didn't solve the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.